The wind has blown
This song to my ear
Brilliant choruses
everything I hold dear
The fire has burned
Everything out from within
becoming sparkling embers
carried off in the wind
The flow has been strong
Causing powerful waves
pounding at my heart
In such foreign ways
The earth, with my hand
I can help her heal
speak out my words
And teach them to feel
The eclipse in the sky
Has said volumes more
the way things are
On some foreign shore
II
The heat of the night
Is the frost of my day
Where loving whispers
Become electrical play
The push of the air
Blasts my warmth away
the peaks of those mountains
rending hearts in the fray
I’ll return to her
because she never forgets
all have to go back
we all pay out our debits
but I can escape
I could return to the flow
a beautiful secret
that I do not yet know
I will love forever
And that will hold true
For as long as there is hope
I will always love you
III
The water will rain
washing their faces
The torrents come down
erase these sad places
let them burn in apathy
let them die in hot coals
roasting in shellfire
try to fill empty holes
the wind will pick up
as it always has done
dispersing the life
bringing back all the fun
the ground will recover
the earth will still heal
let them go forth
and lead a life that is real
I cannot say how I know this
It is my choice as a bet
An ideal worth having
And worth dying to protect
IV
She gave me everything
My body and embrace
To have this existence
And share in this place
He gave me this heart
burning within
A passionate cauldron
Of juxtaposable sin
She gave me her voice
Her play and her smile
So we could not stress
In a world of such guile
She is my right hand
How I connect to this place
With so much admiration
I give it a face
And then there is this:
Only void and chance
I’ll celebrate you in kind
You know how I dance
No comments:
Post a Comment