Saturday, April 27, 2013

i don't think you know


 between our two lives
there is also the life of
the cherry blossom
    -Basho





Where the mushrooms grow
on the thought of your voice
in the yearning hours of the morning
where I want nothing more than a taste
of your heart
in my ancient, dank parts where the rafters collapsed eons ago
I offer you the same freely
with no presupposition
in the way that I say “tiger”
I mean…
There was only ever you.

With every minute of life that slips away
The only thing killing me
Is the way our two lives unfold
Between us, dividing us,
this world quartering and refracting you from me
I cannot deny it; that lasting ache,
My yearning heart through so many dimensions
So many words -text messages –photos

of your life that I am not a part of
of my life that you are not a part of

sakura fade and rise and fall
upon an ocean of what I feel for you
in the depth of my water
there is a voice that cannot be heard
shrieking out into a world
asphyxiating under its own smog
the samara flutter into the darkness
in such an uncertain future
nothing astonishes
save for
how amazing I think you are
  





No comments:

Post a Comment