Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Condor


relentlessly traversing 

In confusion and memory

How lasting has the ache become?

Where I fear there is nothing left

But the rotten parts of my spirit

I have given it all away

in an angry fervor of tearing flesh 

& rendering marrow.  



vacancy, like stars in the sky

In the rhythm of experience

beyond the electrical impulses that make up this reality

when there is nothing left to see 

save for the folly of man 



As revolting and magnificent animals

Feeding on carrion 

in blood-splattered faces

into the leftovers of self

I push them back with a savagery that feels beyond familiar 


I still wish to soar, 

In light and dark, 

in flawed perfection.

  


As if the last dance of ourselves

is caught in the agency of our existence

 what else would I be--

If not Alone

Lifted by great wings

above the selfishness of my species 


in some passive escape

to the ruins of myself. 



No comments:

Post a Comment