Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Pour.


  

Dreaming of

Wet concrete



A place I can live and work and feel whole



Like a human,

…whatever that means.



Dreaming of

Your face



Alight in happiness



Like a beacon calling some salt-chapped mariner home.



But the reality is

I love the rain obsessively  



Where my work never makes me satisfied



In an anger

That never subsides.



The reality is

Like a nightmare   



Mired in amphetamines



Like a distortion without future or past.

Why then

Have we been wrought?



To this level of exchange



Where I feel you like the smell of some familiar cigarette

Rising up through the air.



Why then

look upon me?



So full of derision



Where I feel like a fool I once knew

Falling through life blindly.



In moments

There is so much chaos



So much further to go



As if time feels like treacherous mountains

That must be traversed



In moments

I feel so deeply



With such sensitivity



As if the petals of myself peel back

In a rawness that I save for you.

  

And I’m learning

How to let go,



How to make things right



In ways that I never thought possible.



And I’m learning

That there is a kind of method



Spawned from the absence of possibility.

That arises in these moments



Where I awaken

To a world that is different and new



Under all the contextual things

consuming every facet of free attention. 



I awaken

Repeadely, as if surfacing



Upon the worlds that I have not yet known 



Where we are only beginning

to understand what the future holds

No comments:

Post a Comment