Friday, September 14, 2018

44/100


I’m trying to catch it

In words.



Like some buzzing prey item

Wafting through my doorway

Its little turret of eyes averting  

repelling down the frame once it realized I was on to it



I thought of catching it on my hand and putting it in the living room

Then, I thought, how the doorway is probably already a decent spot

There’s probably a reason it’s here

This little jumping hunter

Equipped with all the repelling cable it could ever need

Chose to guard my doorway

And I felt so humbled as I looked to the dog on my bed and the cat in the reflection behind me.

This is a pretty good crew.

Gigantic jumping spider and all.

As I throw myself around my place

Grateful to have a place at all.



But I mean that—

Somewhere in all of this there is a place that is mine.

Unique.

As I float backwards in the hot springs of the desert

Looking up at a star crested sky

whipped to sharp peaks

somewhere, my shemagh sits at the bottom of that oasis

returned to the flow of the underground river

that somehow connects the desert in fractures.

No comments:

Post a Comment