Friday, December 14, 2018

Different voices.

 


Had I never met you:



I might be holding a degree right now



I might have ran when the detectives approached



I might have proliferated and proliferated until even my borders sought allegiance.







Had I never met you:



I wouldn’t have memorized the date to the worst day of my life



I wouldn’t have the memories of venom, as thinner and thinner became written on your cheekbones.



I wouldn’t believe in atonement.







Had I never met you:



There would be a fiery love that would have lain dormant.



There would be an anger that never subsides



There would be an addiction that consumes on some surreal shore, unraveling us both.











If you ever:



returned my phonecalls,



Took me seriously



Believed in the unforeseen. I would make you happy.







If you ever:



Were on my side



Had my back in such a way that it didn’t desecrate what I am.



Fearlessly held me in some kind of esteem. You’d have me now







If you ever:



Feel empty, alone.



Lost in the world where it all seems so convoluted



It is the objectives that are absurd. 


Remember we are complete, just as we are.







There is also:



The awakening to the chaos of the world



the rancor of retaliation



the extent of the disgrace, that cannot be undone.







There is also:



the experience to be lain bare



humility in the yoke



to the karma that is wrought, to the nature of nature







there is also:



space and time



in the corners of thought



where trivial things gain purchase, staying with us for a lifetime.







And I lament:



The people I trusted that didn’t deserve it



The wreckage I’ve caused to the lives of others



The hatred that consumed me in the past







I lament:



The dreams I have abandoned



and the art I haven’t yet created



hope I haven’t yet had







and still more than anything I lament:

Nothing. 


as the unforeseen tomorrows are cultivated



in the idle moments of today 


within our flaws we are made strong






2 comments:

  1. Gotta gobba lotta...
    and other dichotomized,
    altruistic symbiosis.
    Wannum?

    ReplyDelete