Wednesday, May 11, 2011

residing

peel apart everything.
Everything.
With little diligent fingers
unravel everything into the way it should have gone, the way it took place in my head
and I, I was so wrong.  I thought that this place had more to offer
in the pit of our minds I hear your echoes clearly
a resonance that drives
more than you realize
trying to outrun the stretching shadows
in the ricochet of the starlight I become
hardened.
Held into this trap
Institutionalized to a degree that I will never seem to escape.
And we hold it, and we bear it, and the luxuriant infection seeps in through the splinters

I Know, what it means to know that my best is not enough
 I am not enough. my infection is deep. The way is long.

But I am not a slob.

As I think of seeing you happy again. Excited. Exciting. Exhilarated for the coming day
bleed my infection into this gray place, and smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment