Saturday, August 20, 2011

Of Titans

Unlocking and unlocking and unlocking
pieces scattered about haphazardly
Absorbed into the soil by their own weight
pull the threads of thought out of me
an afforded luxury that was never fully appreciated

the armor of this great terrestrial titan
never submitting to the brutal, hate-filled impacts
galvanized by the ire of revenge against this world
I opened those plates to let you in
Where that fluorescent, melliferous pink substance comprises all that I am

Opening as the valves of some great machine
Showing rather than telling
Your venom hit home so deeply the plates snapped back into place so suddenly
I could not even open myself to remove the infection
Understanding, perhaps more deeply than anything, the definition of ‘vandalized’

As that substance became congealed
Fortified in hurt as the latticework of past infringements
It cannot be unlocked by you in your current form
see me for what I am
remember the electricity of my flower

seek perfection in the process’ of development
there is another way to expose my color
as æther always finds its way to the earth
conflict does not become you
there is another way

No comments:

Post a Comment