Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Mania

Sweet brown sugar scent
 permeates everything
because every word  spoken
came out all wrong
because everything was more intense than it really was
 gauged, by the responses I got .
I need to go back to a university
Where people don’t give a shit,
Just like in the ‘real world’
Because people like me
cannot exist without fame
And constantly being ignored
I want to tell you everything
So badly,
without sounding like some crazy ex-boyfriend
You once knew.
Their eyes sometimes burn into me
Leaving tracers of who they are
-a child as it sat in the grass
-a boy on a skateboard
-A woman at the farmer’s market
I remember them for a few days and animate their eyes
the madness I take them for
as we all play house
here in the suburbs
our spirits dying slightly
with every traffic-laden Friday afternoon
critical eyes tearing up everything
inside the mental library
I haven’t ever really organized
As I drink coffee religiously
Because ethanol has become a burden
As all things come second to our transportability
As the words:   
Layercake
Graphene
 And incarceration
 Float aimlessly in the cabin of a pickup
Driven by an aged-beyond-years prophet
That only wants to be loved by his mother
This is where I sit. Frozen and Stagnant
I dream so Loudly
That I heard their car come to a screech
and crash down the street,
I invited them to come live in my garden
But nobody died.
So I went out to weed the next morning
Dreaming of coming on the faces
of all those models I once knew
who now have also dropped out of the IVY
and got addicted
and work at In-n-out
and destroyed every connection to me
because I am the devil
bearing consumable gifts.
I want to tell you how I ride the mountain
And how they eviscerated my wings
 hanging them up like spread trophies
monuments of what advantages
money has over poverty
as I learned about ‘hobo code’ and the difference
between the middle and wealthy classes.
I want to hold you and touch your skin
Which I am sure is guarded by now,
As if you haven’t had just as much experience
everyone that inhabits this space surely has
to bring light to this place
as I only know of one way
Seeking the mechanics of everything
Is the failing business
That I run, because I know how to steal
The sport was lost years ago… with my wings
When I was left on the side of the road unconscious
And walked back to the suburbs
Where I became trapped in cul-de-sac s
And nobody ever believed I had ever
been close enough to god
To spit in his face

No comments:

Post a Comment